top of page

317 Main encourages creative expression, personal growth, and community connection through music. We teach private and group music lessons to people of all ages and abilities at our location in Yarmouth and at partner locations. 317 Main also hosts concerts, festivals, workshops, summer camps and a weekly farmers market. Make music with us!

White Flowers


317 Main Street



Plants on the Window


Maine Region:

Greater Portland and Casco Bay

How to Donate Your Time!

Volunteers Needed?

Age Requirement:



Volunteer  Requirement:

Info. on Donating Time:

We need musical teens to assist with younger kids at Discovery Camp this summer. We would love to have teens with an interest in art run a craft table to occupy young children while parents shop at the farmers market. We need volunteers at Henryfest to help with everything from parking to baking pies. Kyo Bannai helps oversee volunteers. Our front desk is 846-9559.

How to Donate Your Stuff!

Material Donations Accepted?


Info. on Donating Goods:

Information on donating material goods:

Some of the stuff we need!

Drop off at location. We only accept instruments in good condition.

Instrument, instruments

How to Donate Your Money!

Monetary Donations Accepted?


Info. on Donating Money:

What do the donations help fund?

We need your help to: support our free partnership programs and other nonprofits in southern Maine, offer financial aid for lessons at our studios, and fill the gap between our tuition and the true cost of the 317 Main experience. About 60% of our $900,000 annual budget comes from tuition and program fees. As a nonprofit, we rely on your donations for the remaining 40%.

All links lead to a secure off-site page for making a donation.  Aside from providing a link, How to Help in Maine does not participate in the transaction in any way.  Most of the charities are 501(c)(3) and therefore tax deductible

bottom of page